Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wandering the Old City


We heard that people would be friendly, and İ am pleased to discover just how true this is. Our hotel owner and staff have been endulging me with my broken Turkish, and whenever we try ıt out ın the city we get a big smile. Describing the sights and sounds is impossible, so instead I am forced to describe the small things. For instance, there are wild cats everywhere. We see them climbıng roofs, begging for food and sleeping ın the sun. I prefer this much more over rodents! The nice surprise today was that it is a Tulip (lale) Festival this week. İt was a good feeling to sit in the shade of a pine tree after walking all day, listening to folk songs among other tourists and some locals. I also figured out how to load photos from the hotel. Enjoy!

Photos - http://s651.photobucket.com/albums/uu238/zoegray/?newest=1

No comments:

Post a Comment